Selasa, 8 Mei 2012

Guided Reading "Snapshot" Assesments

I've found it really helpful to do guided reading "snapshots" throughout the year. My students are assessed using running records, tests from our reading programs, and other informal assessments. However, sometimes I just want a quick assessment that's performance-based and easy to use. Sometimes I feel like I don't get enough real information from reading program assessments.  I LOVE running records, but they take a while and they are not parent-friendly. So, I came up with the following "snapshot" assessment and skill check to use throughout the year.

These "snapshots" have two purposes: 
  1. For the teacher: to keep track of student progress, strengths, and goals. 
  2. For parents: to communicate clearly how their child is doing during guided reading, what their strengths are while reading, and what goals I have for their child.

Come over to my blog and see how I use these two "snapshot" assessments...

clip art by Thistlegirl designs and frame by Miss Tina



clipart by scrappindoodles and frame by scrappincop


... and grab your own for free!


I'd love to hear how you all assess your students and communicate with parents. 

Thanks for reading! :)

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan